Friday, April 2, 2010

acupuncture - session 1

it was all a blur, really. i first walked in and the place smelled like chinese herbal medicine. it took me back to my childhood...i remember thinking, "hal-ah-bojee (grandpa) smelled like this." i also remember seeing either my parents or someone drinking this nasty drink as a kid. they would tell me that it was super good for you and again i remember thinking, "i'll NEVER drink that in my life!" it's funny because one of my life sayings is: NEVER SAY NEVER. the jokes on me i guess...especially if i do end up having to drink that gross drink.

anyways, back to my first session. my acupuncturist advised me to not let anyone dictate my stress on getting pregnant. he said my time will come when it's right and when i'm rea
dy. he said he would work on my ovulation and help prepare my eggs be perfect meaning not pre-mature and not too mature.

then i had my first session of needles being poked into me. it happened all so fast...the first ones were in my ears...then several along my forehead (maybe for my headaches/migraines?)...then several along my abdomen and then on my legs. he told me he had to be careful with the ones he used with me...he also smiled in a very father-like way and let me know that he used the needles he uses for his youngest patients that ranged in the years of 4-6. yayy me...not really. hahaa i'm hoping this will toughen me up but seriously, who likes needles being poked and prodded into you??

so my next session is tuesday. i will be going tw
ice a week for the next two weeks...scott and i are ready for the next several months...whatever that may be. we know only God knows best and will answer us and fill our hearts with a joy only He can fill. He resurrected his son...He can do anything!


1 comment: