Wednesday, June 23, 2010

dad's day

i am three days past the official father's day but it's never to late to celebrate and recognize my dads...
my dad is funny, strong, giving, a man of prayer and still calls me his baby...ahhh i love that. he also speaks a little bit a spanish & chinese...a man of many talents.
my dad had a stroke back when i was a junior/senior in college (2001) and lot's has changed since then but thinking back on his life, i know he feels incredibly blessed. selfishly, my prayer has been that he would make it to my wedding day to walk me down the aisle and that i got to have my father/daughter dance. before our wedding day, i would cry everytime i watched a bride dance with her dad...part was envy and the other just a sadness that i wouldn't never get the chance to dance with my dad. but God is so good...my dad did walk me down the aisle and i danced with my dad! we did in a very nontraditional way but it was absolutely perfect. i cherish my times with my dad...

{june 27, 2008 ~ a day i will always hold dear to my heart of my dad & i...}

{we watched & danced to israel kamakawiwo ole's somewhere over the rainbow/what a wonderful world}

{for our dad/daughter dance, we first watched a slideshow of pictures of my dad & i. then we wanted all the other dad's & daughters that were at our wedding to celebrate & join us during this special time...it was perfect}

henry is my dad-n-law. he too, is a great man. he is unbelievably giving and has a great spirit about him. he has welcomed me into this family as if i was his very own daughter...and i love him for that. he also could be one of the best cooks i know...he can fix just about anything that is broken and loves his family. he raised a son whom i love dearly and i also have come to love him as my own dad...i am thankful for you!! happy father's day dad wang!!

{father's day 2007}

1 comment:

  1. APOGEE, TSAWEE WASA YO!

    i love my apogee. what an amazing man. scripture says to pray continually and this man can pray.

    Hank, yes he is a wonderful father. i see more of him in me every day. and while he has his issues, i wouldn't trade him for anyone.

    We are lucky to have them in our lives...

    ReplyDelete