Friday, August 12, 2011

the simple things...

one indulgence i'd treat myself to would be pedicures. however, the last time i got one {which was back in february} the lady picked too much skin around my toe and got it infected. now, i'm a germ-a-phobe so i started thinking about all those 20/20 investigations about how nail salon's don't clean their soaking tubs properly and how my toe was doomed and was destined to fall off...{dramatic much??} well, good news - i still have all 10 toes...but i haven't gone back. and, to save a few $$ i've been giving myself mini pedicures at home. now that i'm not pregnant it's much easier to reach my toes BUT they're long...as in 'i've got talons for toenails' long because i don't have a whole lot of time. when i do finally get around to it though...it feels amazing - like i've got a little sass to my step after my mini pedi. here are my essentials for this simple treat that i give myself:

{i always moisturize my feet with aveeno lotion. i swear by this nail polish remover called remove +. i cut & file nails. then i use that little purple/black thingy. not sure what it's called but i find that it smooths out the surface of my nails, making for a easier application of the polish. then, i choose my nail color and finish off with a clear top coat.}

{my 2011 summer choice has been the second opi color in. it's called bright lights * big color. it's a bright coral-y shade that's perfect for tan, summer feet - which mine are not}

No comments:

Post a Comment