Tuesday, November 16, 2010

pregnancy update

here's an update of my appointments from the past 2 weeks:

i failed the 4-hour glucose test. after getting blood drawn SIX times, i failed it miserably. i later learned that i had my ethnicity and genetics going against me {my grandmother had diabetes}. so i got educated on gestational diabetes and now i draw blood four times a day and am on a pretty strict timed diet and the only thing i need to watch are my carb intakes. the roughest day by far was the day of my baby shower...other than that its been good. what this means is i test my blood sugar levels first thing in the morning. then i eat breakfast and wait two hours to recheck. then i have a snack and this is the pattern for the rest of the day. i HAVE to eat three meals with two snacks in between. i also have to have a bedtime snack which usually entails a 1/2 cup of tillamook's peanut butter chocolate ice cream...


i met with dr. stewart last monday {11/8/2010} and he said my cervix had thinned a bit more. he felt around my belly to find baby's position. then he asked me, "at the ultrasound, did they say where he was positioned?" told him that baby was ready and in the right position to pop out!!
so, he sent me on my way with continued bed rest and asked when i saw him next. i said not until the day before thanksgiving...he said, "why don't you come see me next monday...it can be your outing for the week!" THANK YOU DR. STEWART FOR KEEPING MY SANITY!!

so i had my most recent check up yesterday {11/15/2010} and i feel that i'm a "regular" at the doctor's office now since i go every week. candace checked me in and had me do the usual: pee in a cup and a weigh in. MIRACULOUSLY i am still under the 25 pound range in which mom's to be expect to gain...woooohooo!! then she mentioned something about getting close to 34 weeks...i was a bit confused but she continued on to say that her and dr. stewart had been talking earlier that day about how he thinks we might have this little guy at week 34. friends, do you realize that that is just TWO AND HALF WEEKS AWAY??!? of course no one truly knows but by golly...we are not ready!! my cervix had not thinned {which is good news} but is softer and i am still 1 cm dilated. he told me that after 32 weeks A LOT of problems in which things can occur in a baby that comes that early are not concerns typically after that...and we get to that huge milestone this coming thursday. if we reach 35 weeks they will lessen my bed rest to level 2 and then by week 36 {which is the week before Christmas} they will completely take me off ~ WOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!!!!

i pray that this little guy who is SO incredibly active these days, continues to think that being in my belly is warm and comfy for at least the next 2 1/2 weeks. i've been having more mild contractions and lot's of braxton hicks contractions. i feel him hiccuping and at times it feels like he is tickling me with his toes and fingers. he occasionally will kick me hard as if he is making the winning goal in his soccer game and it is those moments that reassure me that he is happy and content.

baby boy you are so loved already but i CAN wait to meet you...xoxo's to you my sweet little boy...

3 comments:

  1. I so remember the twice a week doctor visits when I was on bed rest. I loved them, it was a chance to be out of the house! Good luck to you, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. he ALWAYS scores the game winning goal...but we're still a few weeks away from full time...so stay in there little guy. next goal is 34wks...come on little guy!

    ReplyDelete