Wednesday, December 8, 2010

counting down the days...

our appointment with dr. pandipati went super! i was a little scared going in with my gd numbers...they have been all over the place even though my diet has consisted of mainly home cooked meals {again thank you everyone that has brought over a yummy hot meal!!} and i was afraid he would make me take insulin shots. however, he explained that with the progression of the pregnancy {we're one day shy of 35 weeks...wooohoo!!} my body is constantly changing and to keep in mind the margin of error the machine could have. SO, instead of feeling like i failed...i felt fantastic coming out of our appointment. dr. pandipati said i've been doing great and we scheduled another ultrasound appointment for next friday {december 17, 2010}. now, please know that i pretty much have the month of december memorized in my heart BECAUSE on the 16th {next thursday} baby will have reached week 36 and i will be COMPLETELY off of bed rest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! during the appointment i kindly reminded that that was said to me several weeks ago. a pregnant woman that has been on bed rest for the past 7 weeks doesn't forget something like that!! - and boy do i have plans! on the evening i get off bed rest i plan to go to scott's work's holiday party. on the 18th i plan to go to the carter's holiday party and socialize my little heart out with some good friends...then i'd like to do some holiday shopping.
so, another letter to my sweet little boy:

dear sweetheart...
these days...my heart is SO anxious and i am so ready to meet you!! i have a little tickle in my heart that says you might just come this weekend {ali from your daddy's work also thinks so too!!} but my dream also said the week of Christmas...and what an amazing gift you'd be to us!! however, if you decide to come in january...that'd be great too. you'd give me a chance to get everything ready and have some freedom away from the couch. whatever you decide, we are EXCITED beyond words. love you...

ps...last night when we went to labor and delivery, your daddy was SOOOO excited that it might be the day we meet you. me - i was shakin' like bacon.

1 comment:

  1. so close and yet so far away?!?!? who knows but the good lord. either way we can't wait to meet you!

    ReplyDelete